Monday, September 3, 2018

TRANSITIONS


I am in the midst of a couple of significant personal transitions, and to mark this turning point, my wife and I had a short vacation in Palestine (the one in Texas).


  • I have 92 days left in law school



  • I've just left my position as Chief Financial Officer of Brook Mays Music.



  • I'm taking on responsibilities  as Chief Administrative and Financial Officer for Sound Bridge Acoustic Labs, Inc., located in Waxahachie.


We took the Saturday train from Rusk to Palestine, and were seated in Cafe-Observation 1511, known as the Governor's Car. We had a marvelous time, and I recommend this trip to anyone, especially with an interest in steam locomotives.



Texas State Railroad No. 28, a US military locomotive built in 1917.


Heather on the observation deck of Texas State Railroad Cafe-Observation 1511, a former AT&SF car built in 1926. This car was used by Governor Dolph Briscoe during the inaugural trip of the Texas State Railroad, and every Texas Governor since has ridden in this car at least once during their tenure of office.


After the train excursion, we went to Sabor a Pasion, a combination bed and breakfast, vineyard, restaurant, and wedding venue owned and operated by Chef Simon Webster. Trust me on this one - book now! Note, however, that our mobile phones were entirely ineffective. This may or may not be a bad thing. 

The photogenic Arabian mare above seems to be a photo hound. She whinnied until I took my camera out -- really.



This is a view from near our cabin -- small enough to be cozy, but large enough for my Texas Civil Procedure and Evidence notes -- sigh. Note also, that the cabins are air conditioned. This is not really a "cowboy" sort of place, but actually feels quite European.  Again, you want to give this place a try. Simon can be reached at 903-729-9500.


This was our home for the evening. Simon also provides an excellent breakfast, and all meals are have (extremely) generous portions. Bring a couple good bottles of wine with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment