Saturday, March 9, 2019

GREAT COAST GUARD AUXILIARY DAY


Many of the long-time readers of the blog (I've been doing it long enough to finally say that!) have become aware that I'm former United States Navy, Navy Reserve, and a licensed Merchant Marine Officer (Master, 100 tons, near coastal, sail and towing endorsements). I've also got 19 years in with this outfit. 

The Auxiliary is an interesting place, especially if you find the "right" flotilla. What's the right flotilla? Depends entirely on you! All skill levels are welcome -- if your interests align with this blog, you've probably got at least one of the interests we need. I've used my surface operation skills for search and rescue, served as an Auxiliary Aviator, worked the communications side of things (KD5JRU, general class), and generally worked just as hard and long as I've wanted.

Interested? Give me a call or email -- I'll get you in touch with the right person for your area.

Because this is (after all) a legal blog, you knew this was coming:
This blog post was prepared by Captain Paul Manigrasso, J.D., C.P.A., in his personal capacity. The opinions expressed in this post are the author's own and do not reflect the view of the United States Coast Guard Auxiliary, the United States Coast Guard, the Department of Homeland Security, or the United States government.

No comments:

Post a Comment